Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Tag Card - Take 3

Here's another variation of the tag card I posted earlier.  Hope you're not bored by these.   I did have to pick some cards that I could make fairly easily and make multiples without getting bored.   We sent out over 90 Christmas cards this year....   Making the cards in batches and repeating a design I like is the key to be able to get 90+ hand made cards done.  Last year I made multiples of the same card and waited until late in the year to make the cards.   Lesson learned.   This year's card making endeavors were a lot more fun since I worked on a larger variety of cards.  Plus, I worked on some of these earlier during the year.   

So the design does vary some from the previous versions.  I used different papers, a different border punch, and different stamps on the background paper.   I grabbed snow flakes from two different Basic Grey acrylic stamp sets.   The greeting is from a Hero Arts background stamp that I cut apart and am using the greetings individually.   

I almost forgot to mention the most interesting technique on this card.   It's that little bit of shimmer behind the cut out on the tag.   I cut the tag with my Wishblade using a free ttf dingbat font.  I then ran a scrap of cardstock through the Xyron and adhered it, with the adhesive side up onto the card.   Coat the exposed adhesive with glitter and voila.



Supplies: 


Ink: Stampin' Up, Colorbox Liquid Chalk

Paper: Basic Grey, Misc cardstock

Tools: WishBlade, Hole punch, Martha Stewart Border Punch, EK Success (label punch), Stampin' Up (large circle)

Accessories: Glitter, Ribbon
Misc.: Xyron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...