This is another swapset for JenniferD's swap on Scrapshare. The swap is for scrapbook page elements. The theme for this group is purple. Purple isn't one of the easiest groups for me to work with, but it's my daughter's favorite color, so I searched my stash and stretched my creativity. Here's what I came up with.
The paper is by Basic Grey (Green at Heart collection). The border is made with an EK Success border punch. It's one of the newer releases that I've seen hit the stores and just couldn't resist the swirl. I'm a sucker for swirls. I mounted the punched layer of purple on top of a printed strip the same witth and then added a green border. The little flowers are made using a Martha Steward punch. Lastly, I added some bling to the center of the flowers.
The butterfly is made with a two layer 4x4 Quickutz die set. I ran the bottom layer through a xyron machine with the print side down to apply the adhesive to the print side. I then added the detailed cut top layer and topped off the butterfly with some tinsel glitter. The tinsel glitter stuck to any of the openings in the butterfly where the bottom adhesive layer showed through. I've used this technique for applying fine art glitter occasionally throughout the years and it holds up well. If you look back at some of the Christmas cards I made, there are some tags where I used the same technique. Oh and I almost forgot about the body of the butterfly. That's cut with yet another piece of paper. This time an orange print/solid from the pack. I then colored the body using some Copic markers.
Last but not least, the medallion is cut with a Spellbinder die. The die is quite intricate and I ran it through my machine two or three times to make sure I had a good cut. The flowers are Prima flowers. The brad is a Build-A-Brad by Stampin' up and I used a 1/2 inch circle punch out from another print in that same Basic Grey set.