Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twinchie - Love Tim Holtz

 How can you not love Tim Holtz?  He's so fun, friendly and incredibly talented.   I watched a number of his videos from this past CHA and found myself simply enjoying them.  Watching him create was a pleasure.  He really has a great personality to go along with his creative self.  

When I joined JenniferD's twinchie swap on Scrapshare.com, I just had to sign up for the Tim Hotz group.  Here's what I came up with. 




The background paper is from Tim Holtz.  It's then stamped with his sunburst stamp twice (once in each direction).   I further added some more stamping with the script.  I made sure to heat set the ink as I used Ranger Distress Ink for the stamping and sponge shading on the edges.   After the ink was set, I used some gold pigment ink and gold embossing powder along with yet another Tim stamp to create the gold wings. 

The heart itself is cut from Grungeboard using a Sizzix original die.  I painted it with white Ranger acrylic paint using those great little dauber bottles.  After it dried, I inked up the heart with some Distress Ink, sunk it in fine embossing powder and heat embossed.  While still hot, I dipped the heart into UTEE and hit it with the heat gun again.  I added about three layers of UTEE all together.   Once dry, I bent the heart a bit here and there to crack it for some additional distress effect. 


Here they are all lined up as they were ready to be packaged up and shipped to JenniferD.  The background cardstock is from Stampin' Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...