Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spellbinder Organization - CD Binder

The struggle of organization.   It goes hand in hand with having a stash of creative supplies and tools.   I used to keep my Spellbinder and Framelit dies in these great magnetic folders.  They're great, but I started to outgrow them.   So I kept on racking my brain about other solutions.

A binder system would be great.  I even tried the xyron magnet sheets and turn them into binder pages, but those didn't have enough magnetic power.   So then the though of combining magnetic sheets with some kind of sleeve.  They're heavy though, so a standard scrapbook sleeve wouldn't be strong enough.   So I needed something built to handle a bit of weight, had a sleeve and could be a binder.   I suppose that old CD binder I had laying around was worth a try.   To top it off, the CD binder has a zipper closure.  Perfect.  That way if anything did come lose it would be trapped in the binder.



So now, after using this solution a couple of weeks, I'm very happy with it.   Here's how I made it.  I went to my local Lowes and purchased a couple packages of these Magnetic AC Vent covers.   They're perfect for cutting in your paper trimmer.


I cut the magnetic sheets to size and even rounded the corners using a Crop-A-Dile Corner Comper by We R Memory Keepers.   I then mounted one set of Spellbinder dies per square.    For larger sets, I cut longer magnetic sheets and make sure to tuck those larger sets into the bottom pocket.   



1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you so much for this idea. I have been trying to find a way to store my dies and this will be perfect. I already have a CD case, so will only have to buy the magnetic sheets!!!! So economical.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...