Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twinchie - Airplane Shaker


Another Trinchie Twinchie?   Yup.  This one is for the little boy group in JenniferD's swap on Scrapshare.com.  Instead of 2x2 twinchies, we're making 3x3 squares and I've been calling them trinchies.  




I used some Echo park paper, SU carstock, and a Quickutz die to create this shaker box.   The inside of the shaker box has mico beads.   The construction of the shadow box is a bit involved.   Here's how I made the front of the box.   I used some SU cardstock cut at 2 7/8 square and cut a square of pattern paper at 2 3/4 square.   Adhered those two together and used a slide paper trimmer to cut a square out of the middle.  I used a half an inch as my frame.  Then I adhered a 2 3/4 square piece of clear plastic to the back of the square.   For the base of the window, I used a 3x3 piece of cardstock and a pied of 2 3/4 square patterned paper.   Ad here those together and then use strips of foam tape to create a frame around the patterned paper.  make sure there are no gaps or those little micro beads will escape.   

I added an die cut airplane to the center of the shaker box.   The airplane is mounted on foame pop dots that are not quite as thick as the foam tape border.   Carefully pour in some microbeads.  I used clear as silver.   Then carefully peel off the top adhesive layer of the foam tape and apply the face of the shadow box.   Make sure the adhesive is adhered tightly and voila... you're done. 


Here are all four of the little boy airplane trinchies together.  You can see the effect of the shaker box.   And yes, I've sat and played with just the shaker box.   How could I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...