Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Snowflake Ornament Card

I made these cards using some ornaments I picked up during close out at Hobby Lobby last year.  While they're cute, they're still a bit too thick to make into a card.  I built a shadow box window using the ornament punch from SU and mounted the little ornaments inside of it. 




Also a lesson learned for glittery paper.  It's hard to stick stuff to it.  I had to go back and re-do the card by adhering assembly with the ornament down using Score Tape.  That back layer is gorgeous, but the glitter is hard to work with. 


 Here's another version.


And a bit of an angled view so you can see the dimension and shadow box that frames the ornament.



Supplies: 
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Core'dinations Pearls (red and silver)
Accessories: Ribbon, Bling, Ornaments from Hobby Lobby
Tools: EK Success (corner punch), Stampin' Up (ornament punch)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...