Sunday, December 9, 2012

Daydream Christmas Medallion


I fell in love with Stampin' Up's Daydream Medallion stamp set and coordinating Floral Frames Framelits Dies as soon as the catalog came out last Summer.   I just knew these would be perfect for Christmas cards too.    For this medallion, I layered four of the stamps from the stamp set and another little circle stamp from a retired set called Little Pieces for the center.   

For the back layer, I cut a second medallion, sectioned it off like pieces of a pie using my Fiskars paper trimmer and then did the shadow layer application.   Add some pearls, ribbon, embossing, matting, and that's about it.   I just love the rich effect that medallion gives.   I'll have to make more of these to send out to family and friends this season. 

Below is an angled shot that shows more dimension.   The green layer is actually stamped and cut individually and then applied.   Same with the center circle.


And here's the inside of the card.  I just this gorgeous EK Success border punch that just seemed to have similar rich and elegant qualities as the medallion on the cover.



Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Daydream Medallion, Little Pieces)
Ink: Stampin' Up
Paper: Stampin' Up card stock
Tools: Stampin' Up (Floral Frames Framelits), EK Success border punch, 1/2 inch circle punch, Cuttlebbug Embossing Folder
Accessories: Pearls, Ribbon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...