Thursday, August 16, 2012

Eclectic & Romantic

I just had surgery on my right hand this past Tuesday for carpal tunnel and trigger thumb, so I'm home recovering.  I'm getting more and more adept with my left hand, but not enough to do a lot of creating.  I do have pictures of cards and such from before I started my blog and now is as good a time as any to post some of those.


Here's a cardset I made using several Stampin Up stamp sets and My Mind's Eye printed papers.  The Stampin Up stamp sets are: Bliss, Artistic Etchings, Wanted, and Elements of Style.  Stampin Up Classic Inks are used for stamping and subtle shading on all of the cards.





The background printed paper is further embossed by stamping with Versa Mark ink and using clear embossing powder.  The SU Decorative Label punch was used on the greeting.  I used a Fiskars border punch on the bottom along with some scrunched up red seam binding.  The flower is from a mystery package that my aunt sent me.  She occasionally sends me boxes of things and I never know what's going to be inside.



The heart and scalloped border punches are from Martha Stewart.  Stampin Up's Curly Label punch is used for the greeting and SU's round scalloped punch is used for an accent piece.   Seam binding and some pearl accent finish up the card.






This card uses a border punch from Martha Stewart and some blue satin ribbon (unknown brand).





I used the same technique as on the first card to emboss the background.  Accents include a Prima flower, a pearl brad (probably from Paper Studio), and some seam binding.  The greeting is punched using SU's large oval and scalloped oval punches.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...