Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mickey Shaker Tag

I signed up for a tag swap on Scrapshare.com a few weeks back and have two more groups to finish up.   This is for one of those and the theme is Generic Disney.   I didn't want to do another paper piecing though they're awesome and really wanted something different.  So I came up with a shaker box.  


 In between the layers of cardstock and acetate are Mickey head shaped glitter that we saved from when we were at Disney two years ago, micro beads, and some rhinestones.


Here's a group shot of the tags for the swap.  You can really see the contents of the shaker tag in this image. 


I created a cutting file using MTC (Make the Cut).  I traced Mickey, created a tag with a window opeining, welded them together and also created the other frames and tags using MTC.   I cut everything using my KNK Zing.   The layers from top to bottom are:
  1. Black Mickey silhouette cut out of AC cardstock, 
  2. heavy acetate, 
  3. gold frame cut from Shimmers DCWV cardstock, 
  4. Scotch foam adhesive around the outside of the tag opening,
  5. a second black Mickey silhouette cut of AC cardstock,
  6. a tag cut from printed paper by Recollections, and
  7. red background layer tag cut from Shimmers DCWV cardstock .
Score adhesive was great for layering these items.  I had to get a solid bond of adhesive at every layer to keep the little micro beads from escaping.   I also used some Kukuyo dotto adhesive (remaining stash) and Zig adhesive pen (on Mickey's tail).  Lastly some ribbon that I picked up ages ago. 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...