Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby Disney Baby Shower Goodies

I've been busy working on decorations for a co-worker's baby shower.   I've never made a diaper cake and thought this was the perfect opportunity to give it a shot.    After watching a couple of YouTube videos I thought I had all the knowledge I needed.   Well, there is a bit of trial and error involved.  

I hit Costco for a monster size box of diapers.  Ooops... that was too many diapers.  So I made two cakes and have some to spare.   Plus, I didn't even think about the Costco diapers having a pattern on them instead of pure white.   Ooops again, but I just rolled with it.... literally....  I rolled up a boat load of diapers for the three tiers on each cake.  I used some blanket binding I had left over in my sewing stash and decorated with paper piecings I made using Make the Cut software and my KNK Zing.   The starburst (firework) topper has punched Mikey heads made with my EK Success paper punch.





I made a large 8x11 card for everyone to sign at the shower and used another paper piecing for a little card just from me.  The large card has an embossed layer that I made using my Cuttlebug embossing folders.   The Gingham paper is Creative memories and the stripe is Paper Pizzaz from my stash. 



Lastly, I made some cake toppers with four of the paper piecings.   I just added popsicle sicks to the back of the paper piecings and we can poke them into the cake.



I have one more thing to make for the baby shower decorations and that's a banner.  Guess what I'll be working on in the next couple of days.  

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! These are even cuter than you described! You are soooo talented!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...