Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Cherry Ride

Welcome to this month's Bombshell Blog blog hop.   This month, Bombshell Stamps added a color challenge for the blog hop theme and I loved it.   I really enjoy color challenges as it is.  I don't have to think about color choices.  Yay.  Love having some of the picking and choosing done for me.   As a bonus, I used this month's Muse Monday feature stamp set called Harley Bikes. Given that I ride, this is one of my favorite stamp sets from Bombshell Stamps.   So here's my card.


And for inspiration, here's the color challenge for this month's Bombshell Stamps blog hop.


You can see a bit of the texture and dimension in this angled shot. 


Lastly, the inside of the card.   I used my Marth Score board to add a few embossed lines and a stamped off impression of the same bike as on the front of the card. 



Here's the Harley Bikes stamp set I used for my card. 



Additional Supplies:
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), inside of card image stamped with Distress Ink and for subtle shading (Ranger/Tim Holtz)
Coloring: markers (Copic)
Printed Paper: On the Bright Side (My Mind's Eye),
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Lucky Limeade, Naturals White (Stampin' Up), white cardstock (Neenah)
Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), score board (Martha Stewart)
Accessories: Hemp twine, photo strip (Tim Hotz), mini staples (Tim Holtz), silver nail head stickers (JoAnn's), Scotch 3D foam adhesive


Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment if you like my card and enjoy the rest of the blog hop.   

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous.

    The coloring of the motorcycle is fantastic. I really like the filmstrip, twine, and textured cardstock.

    I also love that you decorated the inside of the card with a stamped off impression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card rocks!!! I LOVE that crackled background. The color is fantastic, and really pops with the red bike. The film strip is great, and i love the inside of the card too. Seriously. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card! Nice coloring. I like how you combined the cracked blue background with the bike stamp, twine and film strip. And I love that you finished the inside of the card and showed us! It looks great. I was just thinking the other day about how in general the insides of cards are rarely shown. You totally rocked this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did the background, and the layout is really cool! I may steal that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...