Saturday, September 15, 2012

Medallion Fall Thanks


Fall is almost upon us.   I can feel the summer heat starting to give way to more pleasant Fall breezes that want to come our way.   I'm ready for those cozy and comfortable Fall days to arrive.   

I just love medallions and this fall flavored medallion from Stampin' Up's Day's of Gratitude stamp set is just gorgeous.  In the card below, it's stamped with SU Classic ink, cut out by hand, and shaded with some ink and an artist's sponge.  Just abut every piece on this card has some shading.   

The card uses SU cardstock and SU DSP - Juntos.  The stamps used on the backgrounds are also fro the Day's of Gratitude set.   For the greeting I reached for another SU set - Afterthoughts.   The Thanks had an additional sentiment under it that I cut away.  Thanks to the cling mount stamp system, I can just add the additional sentiment to the block any time I want to use it.   The frame on the label is accented with a stamp from Four Labels.   The stamp actually had a bird on it as well, but I used a marker to color just the frame on the stamp and stamped that. Accents include a couple medallion punch shapes and some misc organza ribbon. 


 

Here's another version of the above.   For this one, I pulled out my Colorbox pigment ink.  The stamp pads are these great little petal shapes with a sharp point.  I used that sharp point to color the stamp.  Then after stamping the image, I embossed it using clear embossing powder.    The background is stamped and then embossed with an embossing folder from Tim Holtz.  

For the greeting, I used  a stamp from Lot's of Thoughts from SU.  I just inked the part of the greeting I wanted with a marker.  The frame around the greeting is from SU's Four Frames set. If you look closely, there's a bit of a shadow layer on the greeting created with two additional punched shapes.   The ribbon is Dusty Durango, bu SU.  The ribbon actually has polka dots on one side and I'm just using the reverse side.   Lastly, there's a little gold accent pearl in the center of the medallion. 



This third version is similar to the above.  the differences are a different embossing folder, but also from Tim Holtz and a different greeting (SU - Much Appreciated)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...