Monday, February 20, 2012

Swap Set: Lucious Retro Red


I signed up for a swap on Scrapshare.com.   One of my online friends, JenniferD, is hostessing this swap.  I love her work and just couldn't resist signing up for a few groups.   The swap is for elements to be used on a scrapbook page (or two page spread).  This group's theme is RED.   I used a card I made a few weeks back as inspiration (link).   




The gal is stamped using a stamp from the Bombshell Angel from Bombshell Stamps.  I stamped it in Memento Rich Cocoa and colored her with Copic markers.   The dress she's wearing is from a cutting file that I purchased from Bombshell Stamps and cut using Make the Cut (MTC) software and my KNK Zing.   I added some shading to the dress using Ragner/Tim Holtz Distress Inks before adhering the dress to the cut out stamped image.

The border is made using papers from My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found collection).   The ribbon is from Stampin' Up and the brad is also from Stampin' Up.  It's a Build-A-Brad that are discontinued.   The Build-A-Brad has a half inch punched image from one of the paper patterns in the MME collection under the acrylic dome. 

The medallion (for lack of a better term) was created with MTC software by joining a lot of circles very carefully, welding it to a larger circle, replicating and re-welding to each other to make sure that the image is symmetrical.  I then added a couple of shadow layers with a black out of any open spaces on the last shadow layer.   Lasly, I distressed the edges of all of the layers using Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Ink before adhering the layers together.   The paper used is all from MME - Lost & Found collection.   The paper has small glitter accents that add just the right touch of bling.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. Love what you did with Bombshell Angel and the cutting files.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...