Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Swap Set : Juicy Summery Orange

These scrapbook page elements are for a swap hosted by my online scrapping buddy JenniferD on Scrapshare.com.   I love swapping with Jennifer and probably signed up for more groups that I should have.  But then again, can you ever have to much of a good thing?   The theme of this swap group is orange.  My son's favorite color is orange, so of course I had to join the Orange group.  If it weren't for orange being my son's favorite color, I'm not sure I would have joined this group.   See what kids make you do.  







The paper is by KI Memories.   It's an older pack, but a classic none the less.  If you follow my blog, you'll see that I really don't care if the paper is new or what someone might call vintage.  I just love it all and enjoy using what I have. 

The border is pretty straight forward.   It's strips of paper adhered together.  The main patterned paper has a gorgeous shimmer to it.   The cardstock is probably smooth Bazzil.  I mix some of my stash.   The striped paper is again from KI Memories, and I scalloped it using a Fiskars border punch. 

The journaling box (or photo border if you choose) is merely layered cardstock and the top white layer is dry embossed using a Cuttlebug folrder.   The orange and lemon slices are paper pieced.  I used circle punches from Creative Memories and EK Success. 

Lastly, the large orange wedge uses solid cardstock and a layer of patterned paper.  I used the Creative Memories Cutting system to cut the pieces.   The orange layer was cut one half inch smaller than the white layer.  That gave me enough room to space out the orange wedges one cut.  The wedges were dry embossed using a different Cuttlebug folder. 

The set is simple and clean, but should be nice and versatile for a summer themed scrapbook page or double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...