Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Santa's White Christmas Card

This was last year's Christmas card.   Since I made dozens of these, it had to be a design that I really liked.  Thanks to my local Stampin Up Demonstrator, Chris Galbraith, I found the layout I wanted to use.  Hopefully she doesn't mind me posting her name and linking her blog.  She's a great gal.   I did turn that layout into a white and silver color scheme with this Santa stamp I picked up ages ago and he really needed to be put to some use. 


I started running out of ribbon and brads.  After digging through my stash and a trip to Hobby Lobby, I found a few alternatives.   Here's a sampling.  They still turned out quite similar. 



Supplies: 
Paper: White cardstock, silver shimmer paper I picked up at Xpedex.
Stamp: Unknown - I unmounted it and regretfully didn't track the mfg.
Ink & Coloring: Stampin Up Black Classic Ink and Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star sparkly gel pen
Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, aqua painter
Accessories: Misc ribbon, various brads

Technique: 
I colored the stamped image using Stampin Up's Watercolor Crayons and an aqua painter.   After the imaged dried, I added a bit of sparkle to the berries and bell on Santa's hat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...