Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Card Mania

Since the holidays are upon us and I've been making holiday cards like a maniac, I can't think of a better way to launch this blog than to share a card (or other creation) each day until I run out.   With any luck that will take me well into December.   

I'm new to this blogging thing though and need to work out a few bugs.   To that end, I'll share some cards that I made in prior years.  I'll start sharing new projects December 1st.  



These are some cards I made two years ago.  

Supplies:
  • Paper: White Glitter, Creative Memories Cranberry red cardstock, Creative Memories printed vellum from page completion kit, white cardstock
  • Tools: EK Success Punch, Sizzix Dies, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Embellishment: Gold thread, glitter
  • Misc: Gold gel pen (to color the tips of the ornaments), pop dots, Xyron

Technique: 
There's one technique worth mentioning here.   The NOEL placard on the front most card is made by applying Xyron adhesive to a piece of white cardstock.  I then applied the red NOEL.  Lastly I applied the glitter.  I had made this as a little test item months prior to making the cards to see how well it help up.   The glitter stayed put several months later and that little placard was the inspiration for the glitter ornaments used on that card and the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...