Saturday, January 5, 2013

Seriously Hot Wheels

This card is for the Bombshell Stamps January Sketch Challenge.   I used Bombshell Stamp's Piston Rebel set to create this.

 The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo black and colored with Copics.   I did have to darken the stamped image of the motorcycle itself with the Copic Multiliners to darkent it.


The papers from 7 Gypsies (Venice 6x6) mounted on SU cardstock


The diamond plate is adhesive sheets of metal from Quickutz embossed with a Tim Holtz/Sizzix embossinf folder and treated with a smidge of Tim Holtz alcohol inks. I had the background more grungy and distressed looking, but ended up decidingon a cleaner look and cleaned much of the ink back off just leaving a twinge of color. 

And here's the inside of the card. 


Now when I handed this card to my soon to be 11 year old son last night, he went WOW... wow mom.  WOW, this is awesome.   LOL.   I guess I have a hit in his eyes.  


And here's the sketch from the Bombshell Blog.  I ended up leaving off some of the accents as I couldn't find anything that fit perfectly.   I chose to keep the card with just the main elements of the sketch. 




2 comments:

  1. WOW!! I really like this card, Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this card on SCS and loved it. I like it even better now. The detailed pics are great and I always think that the inside of a card should be decorated along with the outside.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...